Friday, June 26, 2009

Back at Raquette for the Summer

I'm back at camp again for the summer. I've been here for the past 3 weeks and the campers get here tomorrow. I'm really excited, but at the same time, it's not really what it's been like in the past. A lot of the people are really cool, I love the group of people on the Trip Staff, we all have a blast together. But it's just a little weird, all of the people that I used to hang out with aren't back this year. I have definitely met some really cool people that I like to hang out with, but I feel like the third wheel sometimes. And I'm kind of upset that after working here for the past 4 year, I didn't get the chance to be a counselor in the oldest bunk. I just feel like sometimes this place is centered around favoritism and the people that work their asses off get screwed. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, there are just certain things that drive me nuts and are bothering me even more this summer.

I did get a little break from Orientation though! Yesterday I drove down to Jersey to see Steph. It was so much fun, I miss school so much just because we can't hang out all the time. We went and saw the new Transformers movie. Oh my God! It was amazing, I can't wait to see it again. Last night was the Rascal Flatts concert. I was 'fantastic' (to quote Steph). Cletus T Judd opened with a few of his songs and he was hysterical. If you don't know who he is, he takes popular country songs and rewrites the lyrics to make them hysterical, like Kenny Chesney's "She Thinks my Tractor's Sexy" became "My Cellmate Thinks I'm Sexy." Then Darius Rucker came on. He was amazing, I have wanted to see him in concert since he was the lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish. He even did a few of the old Hootie songs. (His guitarist/piano player was pretty cute too!) Rascal Flatts were unbelievable!!! (And unstoppable, haha yea, that was corny) They always do such amazing concerts, but it was so great to be so close. Our seats where in the 12th row. Steph's brother is amazing!! Their encore was great, they brought Darius Rucker back out and all sang "Life is a Highway." I want to go back so bad. It was great to see Steph and her family again, but now I miss her and really want to go back :(

1 comment:

Stephanie Thomas said...

I miss you tooooo I wish I could just steal you.