Wow, I can't believe that these past four years have gone by so fast. There are still times when I can't believe that I have already graduated from high school let alone be about to graduate college. I only have one more final left, it's tomorrow at 8am (of course!). And yes I should be studying, but I'm taking a break because I have had the urge to write this all weekend.
It's so cliche to say this and I absolutely hate that I'm using such an over used cliche, but it really is bittersweet. I am SO ready to be done with classes. I have always hated school, ever since I was little, why I always wanted to do something that would require years of schooling is beyond me. There are parts of this school I will not miss...like the constant construction, the fact that Res Life SUCKS, the ridiculous cost (a fact that will have me in debt for the rest of my life), or the fact that the dorms SUCK. I swear, there is something in these dorms that is making all of us sick! Oh yea...and the fact that our ceiling in the bathroom is currently leaking and a bubble is growing on our ceiling and maintenance said that they would fix it tomorrow...yea, won't miss that! But I will miss a lot of other things. There are so many people that I will miss; people that I would have never met if I didn't come here. People that were strangers before and now I don't know what I would do if they weren't in my life. I will definitely miss Phi Sig and the dance team. I'll even miss some of the professors. I plan on coming to visit as often as I can next year. I just hope that I can stay in touch with everyone. It weird, we got here and we were all experiencing our "firsts." First time away from home, first semester, even first party. Now we're going through all of our lasts: last semester, last dance show, last Phi Sig meeting, last formal... these past four years went by really fast, I can't believe graduation is in 4 days!
This weekend Laura and I went home with Steph to see Mama Thomas' show. She did Beauty and the Beast. She was Mrs. Potts and she did a fantastic job. The entire show was amazing. The casting was great, the costumes were adorable and the make-up was amazing! We got to watch them put the make-up on the Beast, and even though we saw every step, I still can't believe the transformation! We all had a blast hanging out, it was our last real chance to do something together before graduation...but I know we will find a way to come back and visit Laura and the three of us can hang out again.
I know that I will have so many great memories from here, but I guess I just have one main regret...well, besides not studying more! My one regret is that there is someone I have liked for the past three years but I never did anything about it. If I could have, I think I would have this year, but I just didn't know how to. I think that the only way I could have done anything is if I went back to either sophomore or junior year and to my old job, then maybe I could have done something about it. But I absolutely hated that job, so would it be worth it to go back for someone who I hardly know and who I have no idea if he would be interested? I don't know...
No comments:
Post a Comment