Wow, I can't believe how fast this summer seems to be going by. There are only 2 more weeks left of camp! The last few weeks here have been pretty eventful, actually. At the beginning of the month, my niece was born! Emma Jane was 7lbs. 9oz. 19in. long, and is absolutely adorable. Last week I went on the Saranac trip with my girls at camp. It is a 60-70 mile canoe trip (the distance changes depending on who you ask) that goes from Raquette Lake to Lake Flower in the village of Saranac Lake. The trip was a lot of fun. We didn't really have any major problems and the weather was really good, we only had rain on our second day and night. I felt like this trip was so much easier than the other ones I have gone on. I wasn't even sore at all, which is a small miracle in it's self.
Last Friday was my day off and mom came up for my birthday. It was fun, we went to the Adirondack Museum and then hung out in Inlet and Old Forge. This week, I was gone all week too. My girls and the oldest girls do a 4 day trip called Barnstorming, so all of the counselors in those bunks got to go. It is a fun trip, basically it is 4 days of shopping and sleeping in hotels, and I get paid for it! This year the trip was to Vermont and New Hampshire. We went to Dartmouth, Univ. of Vermont, the Ben & Jerry's Factory and did a lot of shopping. I also got to see the new Harry Potter movie and Transformers 2 again. It was great!
So I have quickly begun to realize that in 2 weeks I will be unemployed. I still have no idea what I am going to do once the summer is over. I have been looking for jobs that I can apply for. Sunday night I actually found one posted and applied for it, just for the hell of it. Its for an entry level job as a DNA tech. It's in Maryland with the Armed Forces DNA Identification Lab. I know that it is a long shot, there are probably a ton of people trying to get the job, but it can't hurt to try.
I have today off, but we got back so late last night that I couldn't leave when we usually get off, so I couldn't go with any of our friends that have the day off. I was planning on just hanging out around camp and then walking down to the village for a while, but it has been raining all day. So I guess today will just be a quiet day on camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment