Monday, April 27, 2009

A synopsis of the past week!

This past week has been so busy! Last Monday I had a 5 page paper due for Seminar. Granted, it was only supposed to be a memo to our supervisor about a new technique in forensic science, and we just had to state whether we thought the lab should implement it based on different things like cost and safety and a list of other stuff. It was actually really easy, I wrote it Sunday night in like 2 hours, I think. And I got an A- on it! I also had a Biochem test on Wednesday. I thought I did okay on it, but I only got a 65, because I got the diagrams confused on the last question, and that question was 45% of the exam. Oh well, I don't know what I got on the first one, but i know I bombed it, but I did really well on the second exam. I'll just have to study my ass off for the final. I'm actually surprised, I have a B- in Cell as of right now! I thought that was going to be my hard class.

Thursday night we had a rehearsal for dance team. We were supposed to do one of our dances at the intermission for the Caribbean Student Association's (CSA) fashion show. But once we got up there we saw the stage and we decided that we couldn't do it. It was set up for a fashion show, so there was really only a long, skinny runway. It looked great for what they were doing, but it wasn't quite sturdy enough for our dance and we wouldn't have been able to fit everyone. Plus there were lights along the runway on both sides and we would have definitely kicked them. And since the entire stage and lights cost $10,000, we didn't really want to risk that. So instead of dancing, we co-sponsored the event. We donated some money from our budget, and we worked as ushers for the show on Friday. That was actually kind of awkward because we were trying to tell people where to sit, while there was loud music playing, so no one could hear us, and people were giving is major attitude. Thursday night after the rehearsal Steph, Laura and I all went bowling, with Laura's friend John. It was fun, but there was a really creepy guy bowling in the lane next to us that kept hitting on all of us. :-/

Friday was sooo busy though! Steph and I got up and went to Wal-Mart and got our nails done for formal, they came out really nice! Then we went straight to A.C. Moore to meet Laura so that we could buy all of the stuff for the Alumnae gifts that we were giving out at formal. After that, we went to the storage unit that we have, and by we I mean Phi Sig, to get some supplies and shirts for the gifts and BBQ. We brought everything back to the room and then had to go right to an IFSC (Inter Fraternity and Sorority Council) BBQ because it was the wrap-up event for Greek Week (Delta Chi won, big surprise! But we came in second at the Collegiate Bowl! YUP!! I know my Greek Alphabet! :-D) After we stopped in there for a bit we went and got food (because they hadn't finished cooking yet) and ate for the first time that day, while we worked on the gifts. We had to take a break from working on the gifts to go to the CSA fashion show, but we came back at 8 to finish working on them. They came out really cute, it was a treasure chest with the girl's name on the front, one of the shirt's that she didn't have, a heart shaped key chain that said Phi Sigma Sigma Alum, and a picture frame. On the sides of the chest we put either our motto or one of our sayings, and on the other side I painted our spiral rose. We tied blue and yellow ribbons around them and they looked really nice! By the time we got all of them done, it was around 1am. Steph and I were starving so we drove to Taco Bell for food. Yes, while everyone else was either getting their beauty sleep for formal or dieting, we were eating Taco Bell!

Saturday morning, Steph and I got up early, and ran to the store for some last minute things we needed, and then brought all of the Alumni gifts to Villa Capri, where we were having the event. While we were getting ready, I think half of Phi Sig and their dates came over to party before we went! I swear there were at least 20 people in our room! Formal was fun, the place was gorgeous and Christina did a great time organizing it. As much as I would have liked to have had a date , and still do in a way, it was nice to not have to worry about anyone else. I could do what I wanted, when I wanted. I saw people that last year came without a date and spent the entire night dancing their asses off, but this year they hardly danced because they had a date to worry about. So it was nice not having to worry about that. I just wished I liked the pictures more. At the time I felt like I looked alright, but now I see the pictures and I hate half of them and I feel like I looked horrible. :-/

That's pretty much everything that's happened lately. The past couple days have been a little strange for me I guess. I dunno, I guess I'm just stressed out and everything is catching up with me. I feel like a lot of shit has me upset, but I don't know what to do about it...The times when I want to talk about it, I feel like everyone I would talk about it with is busy, or there are other people around. And at the same time, I feel like the people I would want to talk to have so much good stuff going on for them right now that I shouldn't be complaining to them, not to mention I feel like I secretly drive them nuts and they just won't tell me! :-/ I dunno, I guess we shall see...

No comments: