I'm actually in a pretty good mood right now. I got a facebook message from one of
the guys at the summer camp that I have worked at for the last three summers. He wanted to know if I was interested in working at Raquette again this summer, because they hadn't heard from me. He also said that Kathi, the owner and director, was asking about me. It feels good to know that they actually want me back! I decided this afternoon to go back to camp this summer!! I am sooo excited about it. I absolutly LOVE Raquette Lake!! It is a gorgeous place, the Adirondack Mountains are amazing, if you have never been there you totally need to go at some point! I have spent the last three summers working on the Canoe and Kayak staff, which means that I got to spend six hours a day, everyday, on the lake. I have also led a bunch of overnight canoe trips over the past three years, including a 72-mile, 4 day trip with a bunch of 14 year old girls! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done!
the guys at the summer camp that I have worked at for the last three summers. He wanted to know if I was interested in working at Raquette again this summer, because they hadn't heard from me. He also said that Kathi, the owner and director, was asking about me. It feels good to know that they actually want me back! I decided this afternoon to go back to camp this summer!! I am sooo excited about it. I absolutly LOVE Raquette Lake!! It is a gorgeous place, the Adirondack Mountains are amazing, if you have never been there you totally need to go at some point! I have spent the last three summers working on the Canoe and Kayak staff, which means that I got to spend six hours a day, everyday, on the lake. I have also led a bunch of overnight canoe trips over the past three years, including a 72-mile, 4 day trip with a bunch of 14 year old girls! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done!The picture above :
My first summer at camp
I'm in the kayak on the left.
I am still waiting to hear back, I just messaged them back that I want to come back. I'm not positive, it's really just a guess, but I think they might offer me a head staff position. Especially because Kathi was asking about me. This past summer The guy that had been head of canoe for the past like 10 years didn't return. He contacted me once he knew he wasn't coming back and told me that he had recommended me for the position and that I should talk to Kathi if I was interested. I did call and talk to her about it, but at that point they had already hired someone. In the end they ended up getting someone else to run canoe last summer; had worked as the head of ski for years. What really sucked was that they had some one else be his assistant and also the Trip Staff assistant. The thing that really sucked was that I wasn't even considered, and I don't think that the person that got it should have gotten it over me. Granted, she had been working at camp a year longer, but her first two years she didn't work waterfront. I had two year of experience working at canoe when she only had one, and the year before I spent half of the summer running canoe because our supervisor was having back problems and she didn't do shit most of the time. And to top it all off, when she was supposed to be teaching all of the new counselors different skills, she me and another returning counselor teach them.
I was actually in charge for a week when everyone else was off on a canoe trip, and Kathi did say something about it being "training" which is another reason why I am wondering if they might offer me a head staff or assistant position. They also gave me a TA (Team Assistant) position last summer during team week, and only 6 counselors get to be TA's. So they know that I can organize activities and lead the campers. And just as an FYI, the blue team last year KICKED ASS! We won everything! And didn't piss anyone off in the process. It still pisses me off when people try and say that it was rigged. And yes, I still have alll of my Team Week stuff, including the songs we wrote (even the extra one!).
Ahhhh, I wish I could just hear from them now!! But even if i don't get the head staff position, I'll still be happy to go back. I'll be a Supy counselor, because there is NO WAY I will let them put me any where else! Supy is the bunk that the oldest girls live, it's their last year at camp and it's a big deal! This year's Supy girls are the girls that I had last year and I absolutely loved being their counselor. Plus, if i was a supy counselor I'd get a lot of cool stuff! Clothes, trips, and a bunch of other stuff too!
Ok, I guess I should go get some stuff done...I hate classes........ :-\
Inlet New York- Fourth Lake
No comments:
Post a Comment